I. Information for the 'Scientific Seminary' within IT&C Security Master Program connected with the dissertation
This is subject to change for synchronization with SAKAI info and Google calendar.
For the 'Scientific Seminary' discipline, there are:
- Meetings during the week (Dissertation consultation), with the scientific coordinator for creating the paper that disseminates the results of the dissertation thesis.
The meetings have the objectives directly related with the dissertation thesis but also with scientific paper dissemination for a international conference on IT&C Security topics - SECITC - www.secitc.eu - as collateral.
- Development of the scientific paper as the summary from the dissertation thesis for the scientific conference SECITC. The paper format is on the conference website page.
Also, you may download the paper format from here.
'Scientific Seminary' deadlines (see more details in Google calendar):
- May 5, 2018 - Electronic upload of final version of the scientific paper in SAKAI @ ISM-IT&C Security Master AND (+) upload in OpenConf @ SECITC - http://www.secitc.eu/openconf/openconf.php.
II. Information for the 'Specialty Practice'/'Practical Stage' within IT&C Security Master Program linked to the dissertation
This is subject to change for synchronization with SAKAI info and Google calendar.
For the 'Specialty practice' discipline, there are:
- Meetings during the week-ends (on various topics), with the different professors and instructors from the IT companies for knowledge transfer on IT Security topics - Risk Analysis, Cloud Computing, Biocomputing, Biometrics & Smart Cards (Java and .NET).
- Development of the report-essay as the summary from the dissertation thesis (20-25 pages).
- will present a Practical Stage Certificate signed by the practical stage partner and the student, confirming the student internship/employment in a job whose profile is consistent with the requirements of the curriculum of the discipline (for more details read the Practical Stage Rules Guide)
- will sign a Practical Stage Convention that will conclude an agreement started at the beginning of second semester
Each student will have internship at the practical stage partner premises, following the accord with the curriculum, as follows:
- Achievements of the analysis and design methodologies used for the automation of the processes within that unit (as in scope, the project will be limited to an application, application group or subsystem) with emphasis on IT security features;
- Identification of company activities where the one may secure by setting a scheme design / implementation / development for an integrated IT system;
- Participation in analysis / design / development / implementation phases within the information/informatics systems from the company (the practical stage partner) taking into account of the IT security issues according to the business requirements.
Each student will complete a practical project / solution / application, based on following topics:
- 1. Problem definition (application, application group or subsystem);
- 2. Defining the project functionalities and features;
- 3. Mechanism and data flow analysis inside the project;
- 4. Setting input data in accordance with outputs information;
- 5. Analysis and design of the data structures used within the data flow processing;
- 6. Establishing the necessary software and hardware resources;
- 7. Database design and creation;
- 8. Analysis, design (development) and development (writing programs in programming languages, language specific databases and other resources appropriate software programming specifications) graphical interfaces, connectors, components, subcomponents, algorithms, programming specifications;
- 9. Testing and implementation of project components and building the acceptance testing document;
- 10. Definition of the maintenance activities within the project;
- 11. Development of the manuals and guides for the solution.
'Specialty Practice'/'Practical Stage' deadlines (see more details in Google calendar):
- Practical Stage Convention or Certificate Submission starting with 21st February 2018 - room 2314
- The electronic project documentation of stage 1 to 7 - upload on SAKAI using the following name rule: [PracticalStage2018][Student_SURNAME][Student_FIRSTNAME][SPY2S2].zip
- May 5, 2018 - The final project presentation (Applications + PowerPoint) together with practical stage partner assessment - Art. 11 from the Practical Stage Rules Guide - "Art. 11. Upon completion of the internship, the responsible partner/team leader or project manager should provide to the practitioner under signature and seal, an appraisal showing the number of hours performed, punctuality, discipline and degree of assimilation of practical knowledge."
III. Information for the dissertation exam within IT&C Security Master Program
The dissertation request form must be filled and submitted at the secretary office of the Cybernetics and Economic Informatics Faculty until 30 November 2017. This request form is available on the Faculty webpage (see the link on top of this page) and may or may not contain the scientific coordinator name. The submitted form must be in Romanian, but the thesis and the title should be in English.
A) The procedure of dissertation is quite the same as the one for the bachelor program.
For actual information please check the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics web page for the dissertation exam.
Between 11th June 2018 - 13th June 2018 (08.00-19.00), the following items will be submitted to the secretary office of the Department of Economic Informatics and Cybernetics - room 2314.
- check information on faculty web page link
- Download MS Word | PDF - Request Form 2 with Statement of Authenticity included.
- A photo-copy of the ID Card.
- The second request filled form is submitted together with 2 ID photos in 3/4 format.
- The printed form of the dissertation thesis plus the CD with the thesis document file, presentation and the applications
- For the students from previous years or re-enrolled students, they should submit schoolar status and marks from the faculty secretary plus the dissertation fee receipt.
B) The printed form of the dissertation thesis (1 sample), the CD (1 sample - the CD contains the written form of the thesis and the applications), together with the second submitted request, ID card photo-copy, 2 photos and the Statement of Authenticity (included in registration form from point A) are submitted to the Department of Economic Informatics and Cybernetics secretary room (2314).
C) For the dissertation thesis presentation, the student must have Flash / PowerPoint or equivalent slides, one printed form of the thesis (the one submitted to the secretary) and the CD that contains the thesis and the applications or the case studies.
D) The commissions for the thesis presentation are displayed after the students registration schedule:
- Commission 1
- Date: June 21, 2018, hours 16:30
- Location: room 2320, Faculty building
- President: Conf. univ. Boja Catalin
- Member: Conf. univ. Ciurea Cristian
- Member: Conf. univ. Doinea Mihai
- Secretary: Lect. univ. Zamfiroiu Alin
- Co-opted Member: Prof. univ. Smeureanu Ion
- Commission 2
- Date: June 22, 2018, hours 15:00
- Location: room 2215, Faculty building
- President: Conf. univ. Toma Cristian
- Member: Conf. univ. Popa Marius
- Member: Lect. univ. Zamfiroiu Alin
- Secretary: Asit. univ. Iancu Bogdan
- Co-opted Member: Prof. univ. Patriciu Victor Valeriu
- Co-opted Member: Prof. univ. Bica Ion
- Co-opted Member: Lect. univ. Toma Andrei
- Co-opted Member: Conf. univ. Cotfas Liviu
E) No fee is applied to the current student series of 2016-2018 for the dissertation procedure. Only the students from the previous years should pay the tax established by the Senate of the University.
F) The dissertation presentation should be 10-15 minutes.
G) All the presentation rooms have video-projector and PC with MS Windows 10 OS and Ethernet connection. If the students have special software requirements for the presentation, we recommend to use their laptops/notebooks.
The professors who are entitled to coordinate master thesis within the IT&C Security Master Program are displayed in alphabetical order in the master program partners and professors page.
IV. The dissertation thesis structure and presentation
The dissertation presentation should include the following:
- The thesis printed and digital versions are in English. The thesis should have 35-45 pages and should contain the original contributions or practical approaches. The paper is edited in A4 or Letter page format, with Times New Roman / Verdana / Tahoma (or equivalent) font, size 10 or 12 and normal line spacing between paragraphs.
- The application(s) and/or case studies.
- PowerPoint / Director / Flash slides (or equivalent) for a 10-15 minutes presentation (max. 12 slides)
- A dissertation How-to guide is available on http://mefc.ase.ro/masterat_legislatie