The IT&C SECURITY MASTER – ISM program is organized since 2005 within the Department of Economic Informatics and Cybernetics (www.dice.ase.ro | www.csie.ase.ro) from Bucharest University of Economic Studies.
The master is recognized by students, academia and industry as one of the best master programs on IT&C Security in Bucharest. Reasons for doing this master:
- Knowledge on IT&C Security has become a must have topic for developers, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, DB admins, systems admins, IT consultants;
- Enlarge your computer science skills and your horizon of jobs opportunities;
- The master courses and laboratories are scheduled in weekends;
- The master degree is recognized internationally;
- Some courses are organized by specialists from industry leading companies like Intel, IBM and Oracle.
Sharing theoretical knowledge and practical technological transfer from IT&C Security field among the developers, administrators, project managers and users of the electronic devices eco-system.
Rising the security and reliability level of development and deployment of e-Systems taking in consideration the risks of cyber-attacks and specific issues.
The education of high level specialists in IT&C and Informatics Security.
To share and transfer the practical & theoretical knowledge from IT&C Security field among the developers, administrators, project managers and users.
Since 2005 we have been educating professionals in the area of the information technology and communications security. In 2010, we start our first steps with ‘I18N-internationalization’ having the didactic activities in English.
IT&C Security Master – ISM main target of the ‘I18N-internationalization‘ is to have competent students from world wide and to provide students and professors mobility.
ISM is a technical computer science master program which provides Master Certificate Diploma – M.Sc. 2 years – in Informatics Security specialization.
- The ISM program has 4 semesters, 120 credit points (ECTS), it is in English language and it is ARACIS certified.
- The lectures are performed mostly in the week-end time.
- The lectures are in modules mode. A subject matter is debated during 2 or 3 week-ends. After these week-ends the entire table of contents for the certain subject matter is finished.
- In the end of each school semester, there is a examination session.
- The diploma is issued by Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest for complete master program
- The dissertation thesis are oriented to the analysis, design, development, deployment, management or audit of the security in the e-Systems from various field such as banking, telecom, government, military and industry
- For the lectures included in curricula there are technical papers in electronic format
- According with the students availability it will be developed offers for the research contracts in IT&C domain
“Scientia potestas est” – “Knowledge is power” – ISM
“Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds.” – MIT’s Open Courseware.
What We Offer:
- good study support
- attractive international university partnerships
- an excellent lab software & equipment
- an organization of the study as 2-days week, mostly in weekend
- the possibility to work on innovative research and development projects
- the possibility of a cooperative study
- involvment into the academic events – international conferences
For each semester, students should normally expect to spend between
210-240 hours engaged in the specified learning and assessment activities
– such as attending lectures or practical show how/hands-on laboratories, assigned
readings, tutorial assistance, individual or group research/study, forum
activity, assignments or examinations – structured average in 6 disciplines.
The student workload for some subjects/disciplines
may vary from these norms as a result of approved course design.
Students will be assessed on the basis of completed assignments, examinations,
or other methods as outlined in specific subject outlines.
Expectations relating to academic and time requirements for specific subjects
are provided in the subject outlines and in the course materials.
Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics
2 year education
To graduate, students must achieve 120 credit points.
IT&C Security Master program honorary chair is Prof. Ion IVAN Ph.D.
The IT&C Security Master program is coordinated by Assoc. Prof. Cristian TOMA Ph.D.
The IT&C Security Master program scientific secretary is Assist. Prof. Cristian CIUREA Ph.D.
ISM – IT&C Security Master – Securitatea Informatica Master is re-accredited by ARACIS since 2013, to have didactical activities in English with 75 places for 2 years with 120 ETCS – Download the ARACIS Council decision